Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Lonely Socks

Why does it never fail that when I put two socks in the dryer, only one comes out? Where do the renegade socks go?

I know this strange phenomenon doesn't happen to me alone. I have witnessed, first hand, other people scratching their heads in wonderment.

Is there a sock conspiracy? Who's behind the missing socks - the government, sock gremlins, UFO encounters, an entity living in my dryer? I've even considered that there's a time warp vortex that opens up and devours vulnerable socks.

I thought about marching down main street with other bewildered people carrying signs - "Socks Unite" but, I had to refrain because I couldn't find a pair of socks to wear to the event.


Should I be scared?

Fess up, my friends. Someone out there must know something.

3 comments:

  1. There is an urban legend that says all the lost socks are stored in a warehouse in Yakima, WA. It would have to be a really big warehouse.

    I love the missing poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaaaaa....I think the missing offender is with MY missing socks somewhere!
    How funny!
    Happy weekend Susan...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've solved the problem for me. I don't use a dryer but hang them outside to dry. : )

    ReplyDelete