Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Battle of the Bulge

Okay - It's time to get serious.

I can't be hiding in the bushes anymore. With my son's and daughter's weddings coming up, I have to do something about those unwanted pounds that are clinging to my body. My walks just don't seem to be doing it and there's no way I'm going to 'roll' down the aisle at their weddings. I'm going to walk with my head held high minus those clingy pounds.

I refused to be doomed to look like Jabba the Hutt. :))


No weight lose gimmicks or starvation diets for me. NOPE! I'm just going to start a vigorous training program. Eeeeck!

With the help and support of my children, my program has begun - bending, stretching, weight training, running, and collapsing from exhaustion,


Bending and stretching


Running - "Honest girls. My legs won't move anymore. Ugghh!"


My Daily Journal


Exercise - the rewards will be worth it and this pain and stiffness are only temporary. "Oh, ouch. My aching back!"
Okay, I survived the first day of vigorous training and lived to tell about it. Wish me luck, my friends. I have a long way to go.

6 comments:

  1. You can do it. Keep pluggin' away. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is great motivation! Losing weight usually works best when there's a goal within a goal :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!
    What worked for me with the diet part. Just ate what i normally ate for meals but only ate half or 3 quarters of it and a treat in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll come to a time where if you miss the workout you'll feel really bad about it.
    Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one funny lady!
    Motivation is the key and looks like you've got no problem in that department. The book sounds great and the ice pack will really come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had 20 pounds that I've wanted to loose for the last 5 years!Hahaa...
    Guess I'd best get Moving too!
    Have a great day Susan!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete